Do you just ever look at a room and know that something is missing? It's like all the components of a complete design are there – décor items, furniture, color scheme – but the entire area looks pale or flat. If you feel the same, then you are not alone, and we are here to tell you the answer you need: texture.
The texture seems to always be an afterthought, even it is as important as furniture or décor items. A high-quality texture paint can make that area looks catchy and beautiful. So, make sure to go with the color that fits the overall aesthetic. In this blog post, we discuss the best texture paint to help you pick the best one for your home.
Comparison Table of Top 5 Texture Paints
What is Texture Paint?
Texture paints are tangible and quite different than other varieties of paints. This paint is mostly used to highlight specific areas and not the entire walls. Experts use various techniques to create such finishes. Some of the methods are ragging, sponging, combing, and stippling. Most texture paints are water-based and offer a medium to high wettability.
Top 5 Best Texture Paints For Reviews
1. FIXALL Skid Grip Anti-Slip Paint
This is one of the best textured paints that can transform any surface into a skid-resistant surface. It provides a durable coating that can be used both indoor and outdoor to give a high-grip finish. Unlike most texture paints, Skid Grip is ideal for all kinds of surfaces, such as stone, cement, asphalt, and wood. Not only that, its anti-slip feature is perfect for making high-traffic areas safer.
Use it to a basketball court, pool deck, patio, or ramp – there will not be any fall. The Skid Grip paint comes in a wide range of colors, including Crimson, Slate, Camel, Emerald, Jet, Cobalt, and Plain to beautify surfaces. In order to create a non-skid surface, be sure to clean the surface to eliminate any debris. The paint has undergone strict quality assurance to provide a great experience to customers. The customer can create surfaces that are practical, attractive, and economical.
- The paint comes in several colors
- It can be used on multiple kinds of surfaces
- It makes surfaces anti-slippery, so customers can have a safer experience
- The paints last longer, saving your money and hard work
- It provides 100% acrylic anti-slip finish and prevents peeling and on asphalt and concrete
2.Homax Roll-on Texture
- Ready to use, roll-on smooth wall and ceiling decorative finish
- Use with different applicators to create a variety of unique texture patterns
- Hides surface imperfections on interior walls and ceilings
- Low odor, paintable, whistle
- 2 gallon tub will cover up to 150 square feet
Humax Roll-on is an easy-to-apply, ready-to-use texture paint that comes with low odor. Whether you want to create a decorative effect to make your home look beautiful or refresh surfaces, this paintable formula can help you. It provides paintable finish for interior walls and ceilings. This paint adds dimension and depth with unique textures that complement your home décor. The Humax Smooth Roll-on textures provide unlimited creative possibilities.
It can be applied on multiple surfaces, such as cinder block, wood, drywall, wood paneling, concrete, painted surfaces, and bricks. Simply apply using a heavy nap paint roller, paintbrush, or trowel. Use a whisk broom, sponge, texture roller, comb, broad knife or other household items to create your own unique look. The water-based texture paint comes in white color and is manufactured in the US.
- It completely dries in 24 hours
- It hides imperfections of walls and surfaces, giving your home a beautiful look
- It adds depth with unique texture patterns
- It is perfect for interior walls and ceilings
- 2-gallon tub can cover up to 150 square feet
- Whistle, paintable, low odor
3. Homax Roll-on Ceiling Texture, Popcorn White
- Ready to use, roll-on popcorn ceiling texture
- Contains chip material that replicates popcorn, power lite or aggregate-type ceiling textures
- Great for hiding minor cracks and imperfections, repairing damaged ceiling textures or applying new...
- Dries to a white durable finish, low odor and paintable
- 2 gallon tub will cover up to 175 square feet
Just like Roll-on Texture, the Homax Roll-on Popcorn Ceiling texture paint is also ready-to-use and easy-to-apply. This texture paint consists of a chip material that replicates popcorn, aggregate-type or power lite ceiling textures. The water-based paint was released in 2014 and is manufactured in the United States. If cracks in your home or ceiling walls are damaged, this product is great for hiding cracks and beautifying ceilings. It is also paintable and has a low odor, just like its sister product mentioned above. The Homax Roll-on Popcorn Ceiling texture dries to a white, durable finish and comes with 2-gallon tub that can cover up to 175 square feet.
- The paints work well on many surfaces such as stone, fabric, and more.
- The paints are water-based.
- The paints are non-toxic.
- The paints come in white color
- The paints have 2-gallon tub that can cover up to 175 square feet.
4. GenCrafts Metallic Acrylic Pouring Paint Set
- HIGH QUALITY PAINT: Our complete set of 12 METALLIC paint is perfectly formulated to tilt, swipe,...
- PRE-MIXED & READY TO POUR: Use our paints directly from bottle; no mixing or additives needed
- ALL PURPOSE: Create your unique artwork on multiple mediums like Paper & Canvas, Glass, Rocks, Wood,...
- CERTIFIED SAFE & NON-TOXIC: Our acrylic paint is non-toxic and safe for all ages, professionals and...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Any concerns with your product? Contact us directly and receive a response...
You have to purchase tons of colors as an artist. Purchasing metallic paints separately, along with all the other colors, may also damage the pocket. Wouldn't it be great if all the colors, along came in a single set? It would have been so much more convenient! That being said, Pencraft's metallic paint set comes with 12 different colors.
Any unique colors from this collection, such as pearl lime green and pearl pink tulips, will undoubtedly improve your artwork's vibrancy. This collection's colors are highly pigmented, which means that your artwork has a smooth, glossy finish. They are consistent, and after using them, you can get a polished finish. These paints are suitable for painting on canvas, wood, and walls. The colors are unbelievably vivid and eye-catching. Also, the vibrancy lasts an extended time, and the colors do not fade away.
- The paints are non-toxic
- The paints are entirely formulated to swipe, tilt, and puddle
- The paints are pre-mixed and ready to pour; no mixing or additives required
- The paints can be used on multiple mediums, such as fabrics, canvas, wood, paper, glass, and ceramics.
5.Handy Art Designer's Palette Artist Acrylic 32 Ounce
- Artist quality acrylic modeling paste
- Create three dimensional, textured surfaces
- Thick paste dries to hard surface
- Certified AP Non-Toxic, made in the USA
- Does not contain: latex, dairy or casein, soy, egg, gluten, peanut or tree nuts
The Handy Art Designer's Palette has made its way to our recommended list. This set includes 32 different colors in an assortment. From pastels metallic neon to primary colors, the pack consists of all forms of pouring paint. After getting this set, you might not need to purchase any extra paint. The paints are pre-mixed and are immediately ready to be poured. You don’t have to worry about prepping your paint beforehand, as it consists of the right amount of pouring medium.
There are no side effects on your skin that you will not have to worry about. The materials used in the coating are non-toxic and comply with the standards of ASTM D-4236 and EN71. This artist-quality acrylic modern paste creates three-dimensional textured surfaces. It does not contain any soy, latex, peanut, egg, gluten, dairy or casein, or tree nuts.
- The thick paste dries to a hard surface
- It is made in the US
- It is a certified AP, non-toxic paint formula
- It comes in all types of colors in a single package
- It is safe to use
- It doesn’t have any peanut, dairy, gluten, soy, or egg
Best Wall Texture Designs to Beautify Your Home
While color is often the first thing we turn to when a home is feeling lackluster or bland, the texture is an equally (if not more) powerful tool for livening up a room. Indeed, it has the added bonus of adding in-depth and dimension to introduce texture to a room, and even color-averse decorators can reap the benefits. Neither does it end at blankets, rugs, and fabrics. Dressing up your walls in natural materials such as marble and wood, or even paintings and wallpapers with perceived texture effects, will immediately brighten up a flat room without taking up surface space.
- Keep things simple and elegant with ash wood paneling
- Go for a printed wallpaper that creates the optical illusion of texture
- Use a flat plaster paddle instead of a brush or roller to give your walls some three-dimensional oomph.
- A printed grass cloth is also a great idea! It will make the natural fibers look even more texture-rich and dimensional.
- A lacquered texture of paint gives a glossy look to your room, making it look larger and shiner.
- Plaster the walls with different themes, such as cartoons, nature, and sports. It will reflect your personality while making a statement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best textured paint?
A latex or oil-based paint with a low maintenance is the best because it is reflective enough to highlight the details of the texture.
What are the four types of texture?
Actual, simulated, abstract, and invented texture.
What paint hides imperfections best?
FIXALL Skid Grip Anti-Slip Paint
Using textured paint for indoor and outdoor is a great way to beautify the area. Using the right texture is as important as choosing the right furniture or color scheme. We hope that these product reviews will help you select the best textured paint for your home.
Last update on 2023-02-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API