Painting the furniture without sanding or prepping? It is not a myth anymore. Paints come in a built-in primer that adheres to the surface perfectly and does not even need a topcoat. You can transform your furniture entirely in under three hours with two coats. However, before starting, you should lightly wipe the furniture's surface with a cloth to remove previous paint peels, dirt, mildew, or dust. The degree of smoothness of the surface will determine the quality of the paint job. You can water down the paint and sand lightly between the coats so the paint disperses evenly.
Best paint for furniture without sanding is quick and easy. Skipping the priming will save you money and time, and effort. Happy painting without primer!
Comparison Table Of Top 5 Paint For Furniture Without Sanding
Base of the Formula
Retinue It Chalk Furniture Paint
4 x 4 x 5 inches
32 Fluid Ounces
6.63 x 6.63 x 7.76 inches
128 Fluid Ounces
|KILZ Chalky Furniture Paint|
4.4 x 4.4 x 4.9 inches
|Shabby Chic Furniture Chalk Paint|
5.55 x 5.51 x 5.24 inches
Here Are Top 5 Paint For Furniture
Top 5 Best Paint For Furniture without Sanding Reviews
1.Retique It Chalk Furniture Paint
- GREAT RESULTS - Superior coverage, usually 1 to 2 coats with Amazing adhesion to a wide variety of...
- FURNITURE, CABINETS & MORE- Formulated specifically for furniture, cabinets & home decor; can be...
- INTERIOR / EXTERIOR- Works great for interior and exterior projects alike. For exterior projects,...
- SILKY CHALKY SMOOTH FINISH- Dries within 30 minutes to a contemporary finish with our clear wax or a...
- ECO-FRIENDLY & SAFE TO USE - Low Odor. Ultra-low VOC, hypoallergenic with virtually no smell
Interestingly, the paint leverages itself upon swiping with the paintbrush. It is manufactured with 60% real wood. The paint can be applied to numerous surfaces, be it exterior or interior surfaces. The paint works best on furniture, cabinets, and home décor. The paint can also be distressed to deliver a durable finish. However, that does not question the durability of the paint.
- The paint container weighs 1.1 pounds.
- The finish is chalk paint.
- The kit includes dark wax, professional was, paintbrush, and eight ounces of clear wax.
- The paint is liquid and stain, and topcoat.
- The paint does not require priming.
- The paint is water-based and low in VOC content.
- The paint is easy to clean up.
2.Jolie Paint for Furniture
These matte paints by Jolie paint are matt finish. Jolie Paints have been manufacturing paints for well over ten years. They have been known to innovate the home décor and designs with their unique color selection and paint formula. Their approach to paints is refreshing and works well with floors, walls, and cabinetry surfaces.
They go well on furniture, cabinets, floors, and walls. The paint also works best for accessories and home décor. The paint applies easily to the interior surfaces without any need to prep. This saves the customer’s time and money. It also brings convenience, which is the first thing that customer seeks. The paint is non-toxic and contains a very low content of volatile organic content. The paint dries in less than 30 minutes to a flat and shineless finish. For best results, use finishing wax from the same company for a higher buffed sheen finish.
- The paint is water-bases,
- The paint container has a volume of 32 ounces.
- The paint does not require any sanding or priming of the surface.
- The paint can be easily cleaned with soap and water solution.
- The paint covers an area of 150 square feet.
- The sample sizes of four-ounce cover 20 square feet.
3.KILZ TRIBUTE Paint
- PAINT + PRIMER: KILZ TRIBUTE is a low VOC, 100% acrylic advanced technology paint and primer in one...
- ADVANCED FORMULA: This is our most technologically-advanced acrylic product which combines paint and...
- MULTIPLE SURFACES: KILZ interior paint makes a great wall paint or cabinet paint for many home...
- SUPERIOR COVERAGE: KILZ TRIBUTE interior eggshell paint and primer covers up to 400 sq. ft. per...
- KILZ has been making premium primers and paints for 40 years and leverage this experience in every...
The surface must be cleaned to rid of dirt, grease, mold, and paint peels. The manufacturer has been producing paint for over four decades and was named the brand of the year in 2015. The paint is durable and carries minimal volatile organic compounds. The color samples are available in eight ounces, as well as removable peel and stick sheets. The manufacturer also provides a lifetime limited warranty.
- The paint weighs 12.5 pounds.
- The size of the paint inside is available in one and five-gallon containers.
- The volume of the paint is 128 fluid ounces.
- One gallon of the paint covers 400 square feet of area with top-quality brushes.
- The paint is an advanced quality of paint and quality in one.
4.KILZ Chalky Furniture Paint
- KILZ chalk style decorative paint is an ultra Matte paint formulated for small interior projects...
- Can be applied over most existing finishes with little to no surface preparation. Easily adds...
- KILZ chalk style paint goes on thick and provides excellent coverage and hide
- Depending on your desired look for your project, simply apply one to two coats on a clean, dust-free...
- Apply to old or new wood, cast stone, concrete or properly prepared metal surfaces
The surface may be sanded lightly to better prepare the surface. The KILZ dark sealing wax may be applied over the paint to distress to provide vintage and dated appearance. The horizontal surfaces do not work well with the paint due to foot traffic. The trick to preparing the paint best is to place it upside down for ten to fifteen minutes before shaking it well. Following the instructions is pivotal.
- The paint container weighs 3.28 pounds.
- The paint is available in a 1-quart container or a 12 ounces aerosol can.
- The total curing time for the paint to dry is an hour.
- The second coat may be replied after the initial coat has dried for two hours.
- The paint can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
5.Shabby Chic Furniture Chalk Paint
- INTERIOR DESIGN: The term ‘shabby chic’ boasts ‘the beauty of imperfection’, that’s what...
- A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY: Great coverage saving you time and money. Long-lasting durability,...
- CHALK BASED (Not Chalk Paint): Shabby Chic is a chalk based paint. Specifically formulated to create...
- MULTIPLE SURFACES: Ideal for wooden furniture, metal, plastic, brick, stone, and plaster. Refurbish...
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Non-toxic, Water-Based, Low Odor, ultra low VOC. Contains NO harsh chemicals such...
Priming is an extra step in most cases. However, the formula of the paint does not require a priming layer. The paint easily applies to metal, plastic, brick, stone, and plasters surfaces. This formula is available in 37 shades, so you can purchase the exact shade you wanted. The paint is manufactured in the United Kingdom. It is very rich in pigmentation due to premium quality color granules.
The paint can be used inside the house, and it is safe to use near children. However, that is not preferred. Underage children must be kept away from such paints. The finishes are available in matte and metallic finishes.
- The paint is available in 250 ml and one-liter size.
- The volume of the paint is 250 milliliter.
- The total curing time is at least three hours.
- The paint container weighs 14.8 ounces.
- The paint is water-based.
How to Paint Furniture WITHOUT Sanding
Steps by steps guide
1.The most common method to paint without sanding is to use chalk-based paint. It is a well-known alternative that the paint will hold well without the primer. The chalk-based paint provides a beautiful matte outlook without a primer layer underneath.
2.Another alternative is using mineral paint. This paint is similar to the chalk-based in a sense it does not require any priming. It sticks to any surface it is painted on. Not to mention these paints are long-lasting, resistant to water and staining, and do not require a topcoat.
3.You can use milk paint mixed in with a bonding agent of the same volume. The bonding agent works as a primer to adhere to the surface, and the milk paint will provide the color and coverage. Mix the bonding agent with the pre-mixed milk paint.
4.Another manner to avoid sanding is to use a liquid or a paper deglosser. The liquid is applied to the surface. This leads to a chemical reaction that grips to the surface, but the process does smell. Apply the liquid in a well-ventilated area. The paint can be applied with a brush or a wiping motion.
Frequently asked questions
What type of paint can you use to paint furniture?
What kind of paint can you use on furniture without sanding?
Milk paints mixed with an equal amount of bonding agent is applied to furniture without sanding.
What is the best paint to use on furniture?
Best paint for furniture without sanding is usually satin or semi-gloss finish that is either latex or oil-based paint.
How can I paint furniture without sanding cheap?
You can use a bonding primer, a liquid sander, or a chalk-based paint.
Can you just paint over wood furniture?
You can paint laminate, veneer, or wood paint over wood furniture.
What happens if you don't sand before painting?
Your paint job would chip, and damage and the hard work would have been for nothing.
How do you paint furniture like a pro?
You can paint correctly using a primer, deciding the correct paint, sanding in between the layers, and finished with polyacrylic.
Do I need to sand my wooden furniture before painting?
Yes, you should always sand your furniture before painting.
No, you don't need to sand your furniture before painting.
Seeing the same look on your furniture can become tiring to your eyes. It is always refreshing to change your belongings' look to represent the evolution of one’s attitude and aspirations. It can also bring a certain elegance to the whole place. Just remember to pick the correct nature of paint, and you are good to go.
Last update on 2022-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API